- You are welcome to contact Surfside Buslines (“Surfside”) by telephone or email and request a quote for a Charter. A quote will be emailed to you based on the information provided along with a Booking Form. Once you have completed the Booking Form and returned it to Surfside, a Booking Confirmation will be sent to you. A 10% deposit will need to be paid to secure the Charter. The balance of the Charter fee must be paid 14 days prior to the Charter date. If you fail to pay the balance on time, Surfside reserves the right to cancel your Charter, without refund of your deposit. For more information on our Cancellation and Changes Policy, please see below.
- A Contract exists as soon as you pay the deposit. By making that payment you will be deemed to have accepted our quote and agree to be bound by our Terms & Conditions, which are governed by Queensland Law and both parties agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the Queensland Courts at all time.
- The person supplying the Booking Form (the “Client’’) must be 18 years of age or older. By supplying the Booking Form, the Client asserts that they have the authority to do so on behalf of all other people covered by the Charter. Where “you” or “your” is used, this refers to the Client and all people covered by the Charter. By supplying the Booking Form, the Client will be responsible for the full cost of the Charter including any damage, cleaning costs, cancellation fees or amendment charges.
- If any part of the Charter is not as described due to a fault on our part, we will accept responsibility. We do not accept responsibility if the fault is caused by you or any member of your group, a third party or an event which we could not with due care have foreseen or avoided.
- Surfside gives advice on journey times in good faith and does not guarantee completion of any charter or journey in any specific time. Surfside will not be held liable for loss or inconvenience caused by the actual journey time and/or mechanical failure of the vehicle.
- In the event of cancellation of the Charter, or part of the Charter, the following will apply:
- If written notice is received 48 hours or more prior to Charter, you will receive a full refund;
- If written notice is received within 24-48 hours prior to the Charter, a cancellation fee of 20% will be incurred;
- If the Charter is cancelled within 24 hours, a cancellation fee of 100% will be incurred.
- Any monies refundable to you will be returned within 14 business days.
CHANGES TO THE CHARTER
- If you wish to change your Charter you must either:
- Phone the Charter Manager on (07) 5552 2740; or
- Email the Charter Manager on email@example.com.
- Any changes to your booking are subject to Surfside’s agreement and are dependent on availability of resources and cannot be guaranteed.
- Surfside reserves the right to make minor changes to the Charter should it become necessary. We will contact you as soon as practicable to discuss alternate arrangements.
- Vehicle size is not guaranteed and is only an estimate based on information provided at the time of booking the Charter.
- At any time, and at no additional fee to you, Surfside reserves the right to outsource charter bookings. If this occurs, Surfside will notify you in writing.
- Surfside reserves the right to terminate the Charter at any time. This includes (but is not limited to) the occurrence of emergency events, war or terrorist activities, riot, civil unrest, strike, lock out, stoppage or restraint of labour, weather conditions, fire, flood, drought, road conditions, closures, unforeseen alterations to public transport schedules, epidemic or outbreak of illness or on the happening of any event over which Surfside has no control (including but not limited to mechanical failure) or should you be in breach of your Responsibilities or if we are unable to agree on a change to the Charter. On such termination, our responsibility for your Charter ceases immediately and we shall not be liable for any extra costs incurred by you.
CHARTER FEES, CHARGES AND PAYMENTS
- Charter fees are correct at the time of quotation, however may be subject to change prior to confirmation of your Booking. This includes (but is not limited to) extra distance travelled, waiting times in excess of 15 minutes from the point of departure, road tolls, airport charges and parking fees. Surfside will make you aware of the additional fees and charges as the information becomes available, however some costs may not become fully known until the completion of the Charter. All additional fees and charges will become payable within seven days of an invoice being sent to you for payment.
- All quoted fees and charges are GST inclusive.
- All payments to Surfside must be finalised 14 days prior to the Charter, unless otherwise agreed.
- Accepted payment methods are Electronic Funds Transfer, Direct Bank Deposit or Credit/Debit Card payments by Visa or Mastercard only.
- Any professional costs or fees incurred as a result of action being taken against you for the recovery of outstanding monies will be borne by you. These costs will be pursued until paid in full.
- Surfside’s buses are comprehensively insured for no less than $40,000,000 third party cover for your Bus Driver. You may however wish to take out one-off public charter liability. Surfside is not responsible for any loss which you may suffer as a result of the insurers failing to indemnify you.
- Should loss or damage be sustained as a result of wilful damage by you or any person that is part of your Charter, you will be liable for the full cost of repair or replacement.
- The Client is responsible for the conduct of all passengers during the Charter.
- The Client will reimburse Surfside for any additional expense for cleaning or repairs as a result of the use or misuse of the vehicle by the Client or any passengers before, during or after the Charter. Fair wear and tear are excepted.
- Food and beverages are not to be consumed on any vehicle without prior approval. In such circumstances payment of a bond may be required to cover the risk of damage to the vehicle. No glass is permitted on the vehicle.
- During the Charter the vehicle will remain under the complete control of the Bus Driver. If due to weather, road closures or any other safety reason the Bus Driver considers it necessary to vary the route, their decision will be final and Surfside shall be under no liability for any such decision.
- It is against the law to smoke on public transport. If you are found on the Charter or later to have been smoking, additional cleaning charges will be applicable.
- Surfside is not responsible for any damage to or loss of any property left upon the vehicle by a passenger at any time. All articles of lost property recovered from the vehicle will be held by Surfside for a period of three months.
- All vehicles are subject to restrictions as to their carrying capacity as imposed by statute. The Client accepts that the Bus Driver shall be the sole judge as to what extent passenger luggage and effects can be carried. Items that are excluded from carriage include (but are not limited to) gas cylinders, flammable liquids and bicycles.
- Bus Drivers are not required to assist passengers with loading items onto the vehicle.
- No-one in your group should commit an act contrary to the laws of the country. If any such act is committed, the Charter will automatically terminate, but without prejudice to Surfside’s rights and the rights of the owners of Surfside. You and/or your group will carry full responsibility and answer to the appropriate legal authorities.
- The Client is responsible for assuring that they and their group are competent to undertake the planned itinerary. You must accept responsibility for the proper conduct of yourself and any members of your group. You will not be permitted to embark or continue on the trip if your mental or physical condition is, in the reasonable opinion of any representative of Surfside, such as to render you incapable of caring for yourself, or where you become objectionable to other passengers, or you become a hazard to yourself or other passengers. Surfside is not responsible for any expenses resulting in you being precluded from completing the Charter for any reason, nor will any part of the Charter be refunded to you. Surfside has no obligation to arrange for your return to the point of the trip departure if your condition manifests itself after the trip departure.
- Adults will at all times be responsible for minors in their charge.
- Bus driver hours, fatigue management and rest periods are strictly regulated by Australian state and federal government law and the Client accepts responsibility for timings agreed at confirmation of booking. The Client accepts that neither they nor their passengers shall delay or interrupt the journey in such a way as to cause the Bus Driver to breach driver’s hours regulations and must adhere strictly to all collection times contained in the Booking Confirmation. If any breach is likely to occur, the Client agrees to pay any additional costs incurred.
- Any complaints in respect of Surfside’s services should be made in writing to the Charter Manager via email at firstname.lastname@example.org within 14 days of completion of the Charter.
CONFIRAMTION AND ACCEPTANCE
- By booking your Charter with Surfside, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and accepted these Terms and Conditions.