22 Dec 0
TransLink is reshaping Gold Coast public transport with new bus timetables and making changes to a number of local bus services.
Following the early opening of Stage 2 of the G:link tram, the bus changes are on track for delivery on Monday 8 January 2018.
Stage 2 of G:link will connect Gold Coast University Hospital to Helensvale Station, so TransLink is:
- Removing bus routes which duplicate the new tram extension
- Reinvesting to deliver more buses on other local routes
- Updating timetables to reflect current traffic conditions
- Changing bus stops on some routes
Key features of the changes
- More reliable timetables which reflect current traffic conditions.
- Three routes operating more often with longer operating hours
- Nine routes with buses running on average every 15 minutes (or more often), 7am-7pm on weekdays
- Longer operating hours on a number of routes
- Better bus/tram connection times at Broadbeach South station on weekends with route 700 running at the same frequency as the tram
- Less temporary diversions for route 705 due to events and road closures on Surf Parade.
How to prepare for changes
- Your new bus times will be available in TransLink’s journey planner. Click here for timetables.
- You can get a copy of your new bus timetable by visiting translink.com.au; from TransLink kiosks; or by calling 13 12 30 and asking for a copy to be posted to you.
- Download the MyTransLink app to access personalised public transport information.
- There are no changes to dedicated school bus services as a result of these Gold Coast bus changes.